Sunday, July 3, 2011

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Dear Readers...

It has been a long time coming - and I have finally opened my blog! In my first post, I just want to let you know what my blog will include.

First... it will include all sorts of info on Istanbul - my hometown for the past 17 years and will include everytthing from eating and drinking options and clubbing to shopping to sightseeing and more. But, I plan on keeping my articles short and to the point.  

I am Turkish - I was born in Istanbul, but I was brought up in NYC and returned to Istanbul in 1994. To keep my background info short and sweet and not to bore you, after working in PR and Marketing for many years - both in Turkey and NYC, I was the General Manager and Editor-in-Chief of The Guide Istanbul, Ankara and Bodrum magazines from 2001 to the end of 2010. These magazines are prepared in English: The Guide Istanbul is published bi-monthly and The Guide Ankara (after 2010 will not be published anymore) and The Guide Bodrum (June) are published annually.

After 10 years, I decided it was time to venture out and am currently working freelance since January 2011. Under the heading "Everything English", I prepare and edit articles, translate brochures, menus, websites, etc. from Turkish to English.

The purpose for creating this blog is to share my thoughts, recommendations and the latest up-to-date info on happenings in Istanbul to readers abroad who are planning a trip to "my" city as well as to expats and Turks living in Turkey.

But... I don't plan on just writing about Istanbul, but as the opportunity arises, I will share info on other parts of Turkey and also info on my travels to other cities throughout the world.

So... welcome! I hope you decide to follow me and I would like to make this blog as interactive as possible and would love to hear from you.

As I am currently a novice on this subject, please be patient with me as I learn to better communicate with you over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment